Mac Mail: Cursor Placement on 'Reply'

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Demosthenes, Mar 30, 2009.

1. Demosthenes macrumors newbie

I have Mail set up to put my signatures for each account at the bottom of any message I select 'Reply' for (to make it easy to read the whole conversation). However, it leaves my cursor at the top of the screen, not above my signature.

I usually start typing before I catch myself, and have to delete the line of text at the top and then use the mouse to insert the cursor at the bottom, above my signature. I could not find any place in the Preferences menu to change this, and neither google nor my local Apple store was able to help me. The closest I got (from my Apple store) was to use CMD>DOWN ARROW, but that places the cursor below my signature, and I still have to go up several lines with the keyboard or the mouse.

Does anyone know what config file would hold this information and if it can be changed at all? I have to do this several times a day! (It's really annoying me as you can probably tell.)

Thanks.

2. BlueRevolution macrumors 603

BlueRevolution

What? Isn't "at the top" also above your signature?

3. Demosthenes thread starter macrumors newbie

Ok, yes it is. But it is NOT directly above my signature, which is what I'm trying to fix.

I want the cursor BELOW the quoted message, above my signature.

4. BlueRevolution macrumors 603

BlueRevolution

Hang on, you're top-quoting emails? I've never seen that done, and in fact I didn't know Mail even had an option to do so.

5. Demosthenes thread starter macrumors newbie

I'm not sure what you mean by "top-quoting"... My signatures automatically go at the very bottom (below the message I'm replying to) while my cursor blinks at the very top of the message, above the message I'm replying to while I want it below the message I'm replying to.

As for placement of the signature-it can be top or bottom, this can be changed in Preferences>Signatures where there's a checkbox that says "Place signature above quoted text" (mine is unchecked).

6. Demosthenes thread starter macrumors newbie

I'm not sure on proper "bumping" etiquette for this forum...

Does anyone have any solutions or ideas for this problem?