Mac Mail having issues with

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by rhett7660, May 18, 2008.

1. rhett7660 macrumors G4

rhett7660

Hello..

I have a Microsoft MSN account. I am using apple mail to pull in my emails from that account.

Yet every time I start the account it pulls ALL of my emails from months back. So I have to go through and delete them ALL AGAIN. How do I stop this? Do I have to go online to msn.com and log in to my hotmail also to delete them, what do I need to do to stop this from happening?

Very frustrating to say the least.

2. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

In Mail's preferences for the MSN account, check to make sure that the option to delete all messages from the server after downloading is checked and set to "Right Away."

3. rhett7660 thread starter macrumors G4

rhett7660

WildCowboy....

Thank you for the quick response. I went under preferences for my msn account. I could not find the delete all messages from server or something similiar. I looked under, general,, accounts,,junk mail etc. But could not find anything.

I did mark the Move deleted message to the Trash and have the permanently erase deleted messages on quitting mail so hopefully that is what you were referring too.

4. rhett7660 thread starter macrumors G4

rhett7660

5. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

I'm on Tiger, so things may be different in Leopard, but the option is located on the Accounts --> Advanced preference page for me.

6. rhett7660 thread starter macrumors G4

rhett7660

Under what you described I have a drop down list with the following:

Delete downloaded messages

Which is what I now have it set to. It is under the "Keep copies of messages for offline viewing"

Is the same as yours?

7. rhett7660 thread starter macrumors G4

rhett7660

I think that might be working now............ I will let you know as soon as it is done downloading the emails..