Mac Mail Help!

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by noahthailand23, Aug 3, 2011.

1. noahthailand23 macrumors newbie

Long story short I had issues changing my internal hard drive from 80gb to 250gb on my macbook. Everything is set up now but I could not sync my time machine for whatever reason. So I reinstalled Mac OS X 10.5.8 Leopard and have been adding only the documents I need from my external hard drive.

The most important thing is that I need to get my mail account set up back to way it was (I use a godaddy account...I know I want to change it but they host our website currently (we are changing that too)!

It is my work email and I need the old emails. I thought it would be as easy as copying the folders from user/library/mail from my backup onto my mac but it did not work.

Is there a step that I am missing or something??? I attached a picture from what my back up looks like and what my current looks like (they are identical).

The only thing I can think of is that I was using Snow Leopard with mail last time and because I couldn't get the disk to work I using my orginal Leopard now...

Thanks for your help!!

Attached Files:

2. Knoodles, Aug 3, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2011

Knoodles macrumors 6502

Knoodles

Try this. In Mail select your account in the left column. Then from the Mailbox menu select Rebuild.
    If there are no accounts showing in Mail, from the File menu choose Import Mailboxes. Follow the prompts in the new window.