Mac Mail Help!!!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by rk1991, Feb 25, 2010.

1. rk1991 macrumors regular

I had problems getting my gmail set up on mail but after searching this forum i finally got it set up properly except for one thing. I cannot find my Inbox label under the gmail drop down. This is my gmail labels settings. Inbox is obviously checked by default. But when i look at mail there is no Inbox label just the following ones.
    But according to the Gmail account info the messages for Inbox are loaded onto the computer
    I have tried removing and re adding the account but it does not do anything. And my mailbox behaviors are exactly what Gmail recommends. I need the Gmail inbox label so can anyone help.

Attached Files:

2. MacManiac76 macrumors 65816

MacManiac76

Your Gmail Inbox is at the top under Inbox. Click on the little arrow next to Inbox and you will see Gmail underneath. It is still the IMAP Gmail Inbox, it is just separated from the other IMAP folders at the bottom for convenience. Your setup is done correctly and is exactly like mine. You can drag messages from the Inbox at the top down to the other IMAP folders at the bottom as you wish. Also when you delete messages from the Gmail inbox in Mail, the messages should move to the All Mail folder automatically if all is setup correctly.

3. rk1991 thread starter macrumors regular

oo thanks a lot. one more quick question. Is there a way where I can delete the email in mail and have it move to trash in gmail instead of remaining in the all mail section?

4. rk1991 thread starter macrumors regular

5. MacManiac76 macrumors 65816

MacManiac76

You could try adjusting the setting for Trash in the Mailbox Behaviors section of Mail's Account Preferences. There is an option to check "Move deleted messages to the Trash Mailbox." Try checking that option and see if that does what you want.

6. rk1991 thread starter macrumors regular

I tried that and different variations with the trash mailbox behaviors but none of them seem to move the email from the inbox and all mail to the trash on Gmail. Any help would be appreciated and is there a better mail client that would do what i want.
    Thanks in advance

7. buzzwhirlwind macrumors newbie

I'm experiencing a different problem that I can't seem to solve...

When I send a mail it doesn't show up in sent items. I've tried rebuilding, no go. The email is being sent (and received), but I just can't seen to find out where the sent items are being stored. I've tried both POP and IMAP, with no luck (on imap they don't show up on the server either).

Everything was working fine until I deleted my mobileme account from Apple Mail, but I'm actually having problems with an account separate to mobileme, so I don't see why that should be a problem..

I've searched far and wide on the web and can find nothing that solves my prob. This is fast becoming a critical problem for me.

Any clues???

8. kim6ball macrumors member

My Mail application only works when I'm at home, not when I go to the library or to school. Why is this and how can I fix it?