.Mac mail is acting funny...

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by cfs, Jun 2, 2008.

1. cfs macrumors 6502a

Hi Forum,

I am a 3 month new Mac user and the transition has been great. Not ever a glitch until right now. Anyone ever have this issue?

I tries to email today from my imac and as I was typing the following kept popping up:

The SMTP server “smtp.mac.com” rejected the password for user “my screen name”

Please re-enter your password, or cancel.

When I re-entered my password, the same screen kept coming up. And then, this one popped up...

Alert

There may be a problem with the mail server or network. Check the settings for account “my screen name@mac.com” or try again.

The server error encountered was: The connection to the server “mail.mac.com” on port 993 timed out.

However, my connection is fine.

Any takers out there who know what's up?

-CFS

2. ditzy macrumors 68000

ditzy

3. Hawkeye411 macrumors 68000

Hawkeye411

4. bobbleheadbob macrumors 6502a

bobbleheadbob

5. cfs thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks. Makes me feel better. Does Apple usually do this often? Is .mac reliable for the most part?

-cfs

6. Hls811 macrumors 6502a

Hls811

I've had .mac for almost 3 years, this is the longest its been down tht i've noticed a flew blips here and there but nothing bad.. this seems like the longest its been down.

7. osustudent macrumors member

yeah ... this is a bit frustrating. I too have had a .mac mail account for about two years or so now and this is by far the longest time the service has been down. Perhaps this is tied to some kind of upgrade for tomorrow? Or, something could have simply crashed ...