Mac Mail - Is it possible to...

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by jzdesigns, Apr 27, 2008.

1. jzdesigns macrumors newbie

I'd like to have all of my messages that come in appear as flagged, and then unflag them as I attend to the email. Theres no way I can do this with rules as far as I can see, because once I unflag the mail, it is re-flagged once rules are reapplied. If I was able to setup a clause in the rules that says once a mail is unflagged, don't reflag it - that'd be what I need. Is this possible to do with applescript somehow? Or some other way? :confused:

2. xUKHCx Administrator emeritus

xUKHCx

I don't see why you are trying to flag new messages as they should come in as Unread and as such marked. :confused: If I have to deal with a message I then flag it using cmd+shift+L.

How is your rule setup at the moment?

3. jzdesigns thread starter macrumors newbie

Instead of flagging important messages I like to use it as more of a check off system. I like to mark it AFTER I have taken care of it. And the reasons that unread messages don't work is because I check my mail on my phone as well as my mac, and also I will a lot of times read a message but not take care of it at that moment. So I'd like for them all to come in marked as flagged and then I could unflag them as I take care of them. That may not be desirable for anybody else, but thats how I properly deal with all of my mail, and how I don't miss anything that I need to do. Is it possible?

4. Terwal macrumors regular

Why don't you move them to a different mailbox once you have taken care of them ?

5. Roquefort macrumors member

If you use a "Mark as Flagged" rule then I think it should be applied when messages arrive and not again after you manually unflag them, unless you are using the Apply Rules menu choice. Are you? If so, why?