Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ben1l

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 30, 2006
Hi,

I want to know how I can block all emails coming from the same IP address.

Everyday I get 10 or so junk emails from different email addresses, but are very obviously coming from the same IP address, as they are nearly identical in their content

There's no point in me adding a mail rule to block emails by sender as each email has a different address, and every day the senders change.

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
Hi,

I want to know how I can block all emails coming from the same IP address.

Everyday I get 10 or so junk emails from different email addresses, but are very obviously coming from the same IP address, as they are nearly identical in their content

There's no point in me adding a mail rule to block emails by sender as each email has a different address, and every day the senders change.
Because emails have identical content does not mean they came from the same IP address. Spam is broadcast from millions of sources, and a particular spam message can be sent from thousands of different IP addresses. If the content is identical, you can block based on content.

Ben1l

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 30, 2006
It is similarly pointless (and indeed not possible) to block based on IP address. IP addresses can easily be changed. My suggestion is to use an e-mail service with a better spam filter; for example, GMail.

That's not an option as my Me/.mac/icloud (whatever we're calling it now) is my work email.

If I religiously send the emails to a junk folder, is there any way mac mail will learn?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.