Mac Mail keeps requesting password

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by sparkie7, May 18, 2017.

1. sparkie7 macrumors 68000

sparkie7

Mac Mail was working fine till yesterday. Whenever I try to: Get All New Mail, I get an error message saying...

The MobileMe IMAP server "mail.me.com" rejected the password for user "name@mac.com"

I then enter the correct password but still throws up the error. I know this password is correct as I tested it in iCloud.com and it works.

Has apple changed the Incoming Mail Server settings? or is it their server having issues?

I am running Snow Leopard (10.6.8).

Many thanks

2. sparkie7 thread starter macrumors 68000

sparkie7

3. Phil in ocala macrumors 6502

Phil in ocala

I hear you...same with my iPhone 5c....over and over and over.

4. sparkie7 thread starter macrumors 68000

sparkie7

I just want to know if its an Apple Server issue.

I am able to access my emails via El Capitan, iPhone 7+ and iPad, so the password is definitely correct and working – just not on Mail app on 10.6.8 – server issues at Apples end or I must not have settings on correctly.

I tried as suggested on this link but still no luck..

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202304

5. MacGizmo macrumors 6502a

MacGizmo

While this is a much larger issue than just mac.com addresses, have you tried changing the email/username to either me.com or iCloud.com? They should all work for you.

I had a similar issue with my original mac.com address not being accepted, so I just changed it to iCloud.com and it worked fine. Email sent to the mac.com address still comes through.

6. sparkie7 thread starter macrumors 68000

sparkie7

I'll have to give it a go, I think I might have tried different iterations already. But I'll check tonight, its the other IMPA settings that night also be tripping it. But if its an Apple server issues, no amount of changing parameters will help :rolleyes: