Mac Mail keeps starting even though I have Enterouge installed

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by whoo1234, May 16, 2010.

1. whoo1234 macrumors newbie

i saw another post with a similar problem, but what specifically is happening is that i have iCal set to sync with Gmail calendar. mac mail keeps starting up to show me appointments and nothing else. as far as i can tell the calendar reminders are the only thing that is causing mac Mail to start. i have disabled my email account in mac mail also.

2. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

Entourage does not does not launch in response to links from other apps. Thank you Microsoft.

3. whoo1234 thread starter macrumors newbie

Mac Mail keeps starting even though I have Enterouge installed

yah i know that sucks. the problem i am having is that when i turn on my mac in the morning, mac mail starts up with all the notifications i have set in gmail calendar. i have ical associated with gmail, but not mac mail. i have no account associated with mac mail, but the alerts for appointments are filtering through somehow and starting up mac mail. does that help?

4. ReggaeFire macrumors 6502

I'm not sure it applies to the Calendar thing, it may, but for MisterMe you definitely need to go into Mail (I know, it's annoying and something Apple really needs to change) and in preferences change the default Mail client to Entourage.

5. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

I am an Entourage 2008 user and an Entourage 2004 user prior to that. A click on a link in my browser generates an error message in Entourage saying that it cannot accept it. Try it yourself.

6. whoo1234 thread starter macrumors newbie

i do have enterouge selected as my email client.