Mac mail + Microsoft exchange

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by double t33, Jul 24, 2015.

1. double t33 macrumors newbie

Hi,

I have always had no problem using the two together synced up until now.

I started a new job so installed the Microsoft exchange account to my personal macbook pro, work iMac and to my personal iPhone 6. I also have outlook on the work iMac.

For some reason when I receive an email, if I have apple mail open, it will come through to that and it won't come through to my outlook (it doesn't even appear in the deleted folder). However if I have apple mail closed when an email comes through, it will go to both accounts fine. (when i open up apple mail later it will be there marked as read etc.) which is great, but it won't work the other way around.

I have tried to find any settings that could affect this for instance when I used a POP account before there was an option to "leave a copy on the server" however I can't find anything like that when using an exchange account.

Also, when I accept a meeting request on my iPhone it will not give me the option as saving it under the exchange calendar, yet when I create a new meeting it lets me choose the exchange and it will appear in my outlook.

I have tried deleting the account and set it up back up but it still doing the above? Any ideas?

Thanks, Tim

2. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

Exchange is not just one thing. Every implementation of Exchange is different. With the information that you have given, you may have as well asked the forum where did you put your car keys. There at least three locations that are affecting your problem--your Exchange server, your installation of Mail, and your installation of Outlook.

I use EWS to access my Exchange server using either Mail or Outlook. Which protocol on each client are you using?

3. BrianBaughn macrumors 601

BrianBaughn

The meeting request was sent to your Exchange email?

4. Rusty33 macrumors 6502

Rusty33