Mac Mail - Newsletters (CW) Help

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by HelixOmnimedia, Sep 13, 2007.

1. HelixOmnimedia macrumors 6502a

HelixOmnimedia

Hello,

Firstly I'm not 100% sure if this is in the right area - but its about the application Mail, so hopefully it is.

Over the last couple of weeks I have been setting up my media online portfolio, still not launched yet, but I have been keeping all my friends updated with 'sort-of e-mai newsletter" however, its a basic e-mail.

I received an e-mail this morning for the network THE CW which showcases their upcoming schedule... now this is what I would love my 'e-mail newsletters' to look like. (see pic attached)
    [​IMG]

I have my own picture banner (much like The CW above), but when I insert it into the e-mail, it looks fine, add the text and everything... but when it's sent (only to me the now as a test) the pictures show as attachments. :confused:

How is the above e-mail created, is there a special program that I need in order to create e-mail newsletter like that?
    If now, how can i create it in Mail.

Thanks for any help/advice
    Jonathan

2. HelixOmnimedia thread starter macrumors 6502a

HelixOmnimedia

3. HelixOmnimedia thread starter macrumors 6502a

HelixOmnimedia

Hi,

I downloaded the trail version of Dreamweaver and it sort of works.
    I can create newsletter and send them like the one attached above... HOWEVER... The images appear in Mail and Outlook Express but they do not appear when you look at the e-mail through Hotmail?
    Most if not all of my friends use hotmail e-mails, and not a desktop application like Mail. All images just vanish! There is no sign of them being in the actual e-mail, but they are as I've tested it sending it to my Home and my Hotmail?

Any idea what's causing this problem?

Also... Any know where I could get this product cheap? I'm a student and can't afford the price tag for what Adobe wants for it. Its also just expensive for me to send newsletters to friends and family.

Any information or help is really appreciated.
    THANKS

4. ksmith80209 macrumors 6502a

You might want to try a service like "Constant Contact." I know CC is pretty cheap (like $15/mo USD for up to 500 emailees) and has all sorts of easy templates + cool tracking and subscribe/unsubscribe features.

(note: I don't have any affiliation with CC, I've just been evaluating use for my small business)

5. HelixOmnimedia thread starter macrumors 6502a

HelixOmnimedia

Hi,

I need some help... I've ran into a problem when it comes to receiving the newsletter I've created.

It took sometime to finally figure out how to work Dreamweaver, but got it working, and used the shortcut in Safari (Mail Contents of this Page) and it opens the e-mail (so no sending program required:):)

I've only sent a couple of test e-mails to myself to see if everything works fine:
    - Mail (Mac) - no problems, all displays perfectly and links work
    - Outlook (XP) - no problems, all displays perfectly and links work
    - Hotmail - some problems...

I have a problem... I have two hotmail accounts (one for work, one for home).

When newsletter sent from my Mac using Mail.app and my BT E-Mail address - everything work and the message displays without a problem in hotmail.

When I send the same newsletter from my Mac using Mail.app but using my Hotmail E-Mail address - the message doesn't open correctly in hotmail. It says " This message has been blocked for your safety. Open message" so I click ok, and then " Attachments, pictures, and links in this message have been blocked for your safety. Show content" then I click on it to see what is in the e-mail.

Now just did a test, and this also happens if you just send plain text in the e-mail. It blocks the message for my safety. Even thought I know who has sent it, and that the person (ME) is added into the contact addresses, and is on the Allow sender and allow mailing list in the options.

What Gives?

Can anyone help.