Mac Mail Noob liked Outlook 2010/Hotmail

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by RevB52, Jul 16, 2011.

1. RevB52 macrumors newbie

One of the few things I'm struggling with in my recent switch to a MBP is email. The Win7 setup I came from had Outlook 2010 with the Hotmail connector and Social connector. It integrated very nicely across platforms to my iPhone 4 and iPad 2. Birthdays and anniversaries simply appeared in the calendar on all devices. I could put more details about contacts in their cards.

Switch to Mac and I feel like I've time travelled back 5 years or more. I thought MobileMe and Outlook 2011 would help, but so much for $99. Any ideas? Will Lion help?

2. ajvizzgamer101 macrumors 65816

MobileMe has been great to me thus far. It is probably an Outlook thing. I have never used Outlook because I use Apple Mail. I have been having some trouble lately in the middle of the iCloud/MM transition period.

3. dianeoforegon macrumors 6502a

dianeoforegon

Hotmail is POP only for Mac users. Outlook for Mac 2011 does not have plugins like Outlook 2010 does so there is no way around having access to all the features you had in Outlook 2010 like Google Calendars for example.

Have you considered installing a virtual machine and running Office 2010? This way you get the best of both worlds.