Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jonothan8

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 23, 2014
I've just bought an Air (OS X 10.9.3). It seems every email I've ever received is downloading to it and I'm unable to get to the top of the pile other than by scrolling. Any suggestions as to how I get to the most recent (I've clicks newest message on top) but am unable to get there. I am currently scrolling through messages received in August 2011!

Ronnoco

macrumors 68030
Oct 16, 2007
United States of America
I've just bought an Air (OS X 10.9.3). It seems every email I've ever received is downloading to it and I'm unable to get to the top of the pile other than by scrolling. Any suggestions as to how I get to the most recent (I've clicks newest message on top) but am unable to get there. I am currently scrolling through messages received in August 2011!

You're probably just going to have to wait it out until everything is downloaded. Do you really need all of those old emails? Perhaps it's time to clean them up from the server side. :)

Windowsrefugee

macrumors regular
Mar 14, 2011
Microsoft Land
Been there, done that :(. I keep stuff on the sever so I can access older stiff that I may need, particularly related to business-- and I do not take the time to delete thing s I know I will never need again. As a result, when I got my new MBA last year, I had to spend days cleaning up years of old emails. It was painful, but the new MBA with its amazing battery life was worth a few days of pain. You will love it-- once your email has caught up.

Jonothan8

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 23, 2014
Thanks for that - clearly there's no way around it. I look forward to a glorious future though!:)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.