Mac Mail Outlook Question URGENT

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by serkan, Sep 3, 2014.

1. serkan macrumors 6502

serkan

Hello guys ;

I have a problem that I hope you guys can help me with that. Couple days ago I have started a company and they as usual use the Outlook for everything. In outlook they have this shared calendar that everybody can see every bodies meetings and more. But the problem is I can't see that calendar. How can I get this setting onto my mac mail or what can I do to overcome this issue.

This is really urgent guys. If can help that will be awesome.

2. JoelBC macrumors 6502a

If I understand you correctly you want to be able to see your work e-mail -- which is on an exchange server -- in your OS X mail app.

If this is correct then you need tp get from your company the credentials to configure / setup and Exchange internet account [i.e. see Preferences / Internet Account].

Once you have this setup you will be good to go on calendar, contacts, mail, etc.

3. Menel macrumors 603

Menel

Just get Outlook. They should supply it. They should also supply you a PC for that matter...

I use Mac Mail at home with personal mail.

But work stuff, I route all through native Outlook and issued wintel PC.

4. bearda macrumors 6502

That's not the read I'm getting. Exchange supports shared calendars which exist on the server and multiple users can access. They're used a lot of the time for out of office calendars or scheduling for shared resources like conference rooms.

Unfortunately there's no way to access them from either Mac Mail or Calendar. Outlook is the only thing that can do it. The built-in OS X apps only support a subset of the Exchange functionality that Outlook does, and shared folders aren't part of it.

5. flynz4 macrumors 68040

I also use outlook for Mac on my corporate account connected to our exchange server. Some people use Apple Mail... but they do not get all of the functionality just as you are experiencing.

I also have a VM using parallels for those times that I absolutely need windows... and I have a copy of outlook (PC version) there as well.

On my personal non-work account, I use Apple Mail.

/Jim