Mac Mail Password Rejected

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Macnificant, Oct 9, 2009.

1. Macnificant macrumors 6502a

Out of the blue my wifes mac mail password was asked and everytime it is rejected

I have searched but couldnt find anything online to assist in fixing this

any ideas?

2. JediMeister macrumors 68040

Has she changed the password recently? Changes to the password through the webmail interface (if the email provider offers one) are not going to automatically register for the same account when its viewed through a mail client. Check the incoming server settings as well as the outgoing settings (by clicking on the dropdown menu and selecting Edit Server List) and reinput the passwords in the provided fields just to be safe. Also consider, if the account she is trying to access is a paid one, has her subscription ended? What you're describing may be expected if its a .Mac/MobileMe account which did not automatically renew and as such she will be unable to access messages in that account until the subscription is renewed/reactivated.

3. Macnificant thread starter macrumors 6502a

she is using a third party email address through mac mail. She has never changed her password

4. alexeiz macrumors newbie

Regular problem with passwords

I've used mail application since it was introduced and, although it is a powerful mail client, there are strange quirks.

Among them - it suddenly starts to ask passwords, although nothing was changed anywhere. Then, when you boot again, it suddenly starts to behave.

it also sometimes giving me trouble by leaving (not downloading) some emails from my server pop accounts.