Mac Mail Problem

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by pimpernel1, Jul 20, 2009.

1. pimpernel1 macrumors newbie

Basically, I sent an email with a massive attachment without thinking. Obviously the message did not go through, which was to be expected, but now it keeps popping up again and again in Drafts: On My Mac no matter how many times I delete it. (See attached screenshot for error message.) I've also tried Mailbox>Erase Deleted Messages>On My Mac with no better results. Since that day, the program has been unable to retrieve new mail, though continues to archive all my old messages. When I tried sending a test message to myself, I received it when I was logged into my email online, but it never arrived in my inbox in Mail.

Does anyone have a clue what to do here? Any help would be enormously appreciated.

Thanks,

Ash

Attached Files:

2. MacManiac76 macrumors 65816

MacManiac76

Did you try going into your Gmail account through the web and seeing if anything is showing in the Drafts section there? Maybe it keeps syncing up with something there that is causing this problem.

3. pimpernel1 thread starter macrumors newbie

I did try that, and deleted all drafts in my gmail through the web, but when I open Mail, the problem persists. My gmail works fine on the internet, but not in Mail, which leads me to think it's a problem with the program.