Mac mail problems - mail database corrupt?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by thecoffeeguy, Jul 27, 2010.

1. thecoffeeguy macrumors newbie

Hi everyone. Having some issues with mac mail at work.
    My mac mail is connected to our exchange server. It is working fine.

Ran into a problem today. Mac mail quit for some reason and when I fired it back up, it walked me through the process of configuring mac mail to connect to exchange.

The odd thing now is the only mail i see in mac mail is new mail, none of my old previous mail. I see my folder structure that I created (held on exchange), but I cannot seem to figure out why I cannot sync my mail to show my emails in mac mail.

Anyone have suggestions?
    Is there a way to clean out the old stuff in mac mail and start fresh?

Many thanks.

TCG

2. OpenLaszlo macrumors member

OpenLaszlo

Well, I know that Mail keeps all of its downloaded messages in one of the Library folders. If you want to salvage all of your email, I'm sure that by syncing a separate computer with your exchange account you can then download all of the messages to a flash drive/external HDD and then copy them over into Mail's folder. If you are determined to clean everything out, though, go to Home->Library->Mail and simply delete the folder associated with your account name.

Hope this helps.

3. synth3tik macrumors 68040

synth3tik

I have been experiencing problems myself, today and yesterday. I am having trouble with the mail application as well as me.com. The odd thing is I am getting email from my DROID, from my .me account. How is my mail working with google, but not Apple?