Mac mail question

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by bsheedy, Jul 14, 2010.

1. bsheedy macrumors newbie

Ok - I have a dilemma....as I'm sure most people do - I have a few hundred email addresses built up in my email address history. Naturally, as I begin to enter an email address in the "To" box a list of addresses automatically populates based on the letters I am typing. Most of the 600+ email addresses are not currently in my address book; nor do I want them to be. But....is there a way to export these addresses to a spreadsheet or list so I can sort through without having to add them to my address book?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

-bsheedy

2. pesc macrumors regular

Have you tried the menu option Windows->"Earlier recipients" (or something like that, I'm not using an english OS X)?

It doesn't let you export the list, but you can go through it and delete addresses you no longer use.

3. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

"Previous Recipients" is what it's called. You can add them from the Previous Recipients window directly to the address book, but if you no longer want them to auto-fill just delete them directly in that window.

4. bsheedy thread starter macrumors newbie

Is there any way to export them to a list without adding them to address book?

5. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Not that I've found.

6. andalusia macrumors 68030

andalusia

You could probably add them to address book, put them in their own group, then export that category as a list and delete them from your address book.

7. jsf8x macrumors 6502

jsf8x

Wow thanks so much I've been trying to do this forever.

8. bsheedy thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks - I tried this...took longer than expected, but it worked nonetheless.