Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

LynneB

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 23, 2010
I am fairly new to the Mac. But this Mac Mail program is really confusing. I receive pictures almost every day in mail, I send some to folks with PC;s. Sometimes they all get it, sometimes they all just do not. How do I set up the Mac Mail so that I can simply forward pictures without having to pull them off the original email, and then, attach them, I would like to forward them only. I would really like some help with this, thank you so much in advance. Lynne B

MisterMe

macrumors G4
Jul 17, 2002
USA
... I receive pictures almost every day in mail, I send some to folks with PC;s. Sometimes they all get it, sometimes they all just do not. ...
In Mail, select the Edit/Attachment>Send Windows Friendly Attachments menu selection.

LynneB

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 23, 2010
But...but...

In Mail, select the Edit/Attachment>Send Windows Friendly Attachments menu selection.

I read that before I came here, and it makes you try and pick out a file rather than just allow you to reply. Does that make sense to you? In other words, when I choose Windows Friendly Attachments, it opens another window and tries to get me to ATTACH a photo. I simply want to REPLY to an email that has pictures within the email and send those forward.

I hope this makes sense, I have been working since 4am and confusion is at my door. Whew.

satcomer

Suspended
Feb 19, 2008
The Finger Lakes Region
Open Mail. In Mail click on the menu item "Mail" and in the drop-down select "Preferences". In the pop-up Click on "Composing" and make sure you put a checkmark in "include All the original message text".

Next time use the Help menu and it would have told you this.

LynneB

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 23, 2010
Open Mail. In Mail click on the menu item "Mail" and in the drop-down select "Preferences". In the pop-up Click on "Composing" and make sure you put a checkmark in "include All the original message text".

Thank you for your response! Let me tell you this: I DID use the Help Menu and no matter how I tried to put in the correct problem I was having in the SEARCH box, I did not get the answer you sent as a Help feature. I did do my research before jumping over here, I opened EVERY single feature on the Mail menu searching for a way to bring pictures in. I did see the feature your presented, however, I did not think TEXT was pictures. You know, I see NOW that message text does not mean ONLY text, but I am incredibly literal and I thought TEXT is TEXT and let it go without really thinking about it. I hope that clears up what looks like a lack of time put into research. Gratefully, Lynne

MisterMe

macrumors G4
Jul 17, 2002
USA
... You know, I see NOW that message text does not mean ONLY text, but I am incredibly literal and I thought TEXT is TEXT and let it go without really thinking about it. I hope that clears up what looks like a lack of time put into research. Gratefully, Lynne
Actually, all email is transmitted as text. There are exceptions, but attachments are encoded and appended to the host message as 100% 7-bit ASCII text.

LynneB

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 23, 2010
Actually, all email is transmitted as text. There are exceptions, but attachments are encoded and appended to the host message as 100% 7-bit ASCII text.
Thank you for explaining. I am not at all sure what that means, but I guess it means that pictures will come in with text if you have the right settings turned on. Anyway, I re-sent the last email to those who said I CANNOT SEE THE PICTURES, and did it as a test. I am awaiting response as I type.

LynneB

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 23, 2010

Okay I did this, and I sent the original message that I had problems with and one person got the pictures, the rest did not. THen I sent another, same problem, no pictures got sent. Any other suggestions?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.