Mac Mail - Setting a message body font for all incoming messages...

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by orbdrums, Jan 25, 2010.

1. orbdrums macrumors member

I don't see a preference option for setting the message body to a font for incoming mail. All of the mail I receive has a font that is too small to read so I would like to increase the font size. Any suggestions. Thanks in advance.

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

3. orbdrums thread starter macrumors member

I tried that but there is no option to change the message body font that I can see. I'm sure it's me but I don't know where to find it.

4. orbdrums thread starter macrumors member

Thanks miles...

You are correct. I had to open a message to actually see the font change. The preview does not show the bigger text. Thanks for the heads up!!

5. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

That's still strange behavior. I never have any formatting issues when I view it in my preview pane. Not sure why that's happening.

6. orbdrums thread starter macrumors member

Hey miles. Yeah I got it worked out. Some of the emails that I receive have such small font size that it didn't appear to enlarge the font in the preview but it did. Thanks for your help.
    Clark

7. vvs macrumors newbie

some incoming mail message font too small..still

I would like to set a minimum on incoming mail font size that I receive from mostly organizations, so 'fonts and colors' doesn't work.

someone mentioned changing something in the finder/application/terminal
    and typing: defaults write com.apple.mail MinimumHTMLFontSize 13

(they meant to type any font size you want...)

but I saw no other mention of font size in the terminal tab, my name only and last log in time

I have Mac Pro OS 10.6 bought recently and am a bit intimidated to just try it.
    Any advice? another way that is not having to go that far in the infrastucture?
    I can't believe that Apple doesn't address this, the problem seems prevalent and Apple thinks it's just fine that we all get eyestrain reading newsletters..even if it may very well be true that all these newsletter formatting programs are probably ignoring Macs..