Mac Mail weirdness: Messages that won't delete

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by jwhitmill, Aug 23, 2007.

1. jwhitmill macrumors newbie

A couple of days some spammer spoofed my e-mail address. The Postmaster at one of his targets set up an auto-reply rejecting the spam. Since the spammer spoofed me, the auto-reply comes to me.

My problem is, I can't make these auto-replies go away. I trash and delete them, then as soon as I reopen my inbox, there they are again.

And it's the same messages, not new ones: the dates clearly indicate 2 days ago.

How can I get rid of these annoying messages?

Here's a copy of one, in its entirety:

When trying to deliver your message, the mail server at dialearth.com encountered
    permanent problems with the following address:
    For <pork@dialearth.com>, the destination server said: Command DATA Too many messages from your domain this hour (from dialearth.com:127.0.0.1)
    Reporting-MTA: dns; dialearth.com

Final-Recipient: rfc822;<pork@dialearth.com>
    Action: failed
    Diagnostic-Code: smtp; 512 Command DATA Too many messages from your domain this hour (from dialearth.com:127.0.0.1)
    Last-Attempt-Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2007 09:14:04 -0400

Date: August 21, 2007 9:00:18 AM CDT
    To: "Paul" <linksouth.comm@a1-servers.com>
    Subject: Re[1]: i want to say u hi

Thanks for any help.

2. smythssinger macrumors newbie

Messages that won't delete

I've the same problem. I put my out of office message on over Christmas and now I've several messages from the same source that won't delete. Can anyone help?

As with the last poster, this is what mine reads as:

When trying to deliver your message, the mail server at mail3.ivnet.com encountered
    permanent problems with the following address:
    For <Napoleon@ivnet.com>, the destination server said: cuda_nsu Command RCPT User <Napoleon@ivnet.com> not OK (from ivnet.com:67.39.166.3)
    Reporting-MTA: dns; mail3.ivnet.com

Final-Recipient: rfc822;<Napoleon@ivnet.com>
    Action: failed
    Diagnostic-Code: smtp; 550 cuda_nsu Command RCPT User <Napoleon@ivnet.com> not OK (from ivnet.com:67.39.166.3)
    Last-Attempt-Date: Sat, 29 Dec 2007 11:10:40 -0600

Date: 29 December 2007 17:13:01 GMT
    To: "Napoleon T. Holder" <Napoleon@ivnet.com>