Mac Mail with Exchange 2007

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by vsingh, Aug 23, 2009.

1. vsingh macrumors newbie

For some reason , mac mail in my company cannot get assosited with exchange in form of a pop account.

if i use mail.domainname.ae as incoming and same as outgoign server with port 25 , i am able to receive mails from inside and outside the domain , but able to send mails within the domain only .

Is there any specific setting with exchange or mac mail to resolve this issue.

2. nadyne macrumors 6502a

Ask your Exchange administrator if they have either POP or IMAP enabled. If they don't, then you'll probably have to use Microsoft Entourage (which is part of Office:Mac) to connect to your Exchange account. Since you mention that you're on Exchange 2007, if you have Office 2008, you should use Entourage for Web Services. It's specifically designed to work with Exchange 2007 or later, and it blazingly fast. :)

Regards,
    Nadyne.

3. devburke Guest

Or upgrade to Snow Leopard, which comes out on Friday. It has built-in Exchange support in Mail as well as iCal and Address Book.

4. MonkeyBrass macrumors newbie

Incoming mail would be on port 110 if you want POP3. Port 25 is SMTP which is the service used for sending mail. IMAP is another alternative. So is MAPI if that is available on a Mac. (Just got my first one) lol

I am wondering if either program uses RPC over HTTPS (Outlook Anywhere)

5. nadyne macrumors 6502a

Entourage 2008 and earlier uses WebDAV to communicate with Exchange 2007 and earlier. Entourage for Web Services uses Exchange Web Services to communicate with Exchange 2007 and later. If your Exchange admin has IMAP enabled, all versions of Entourage can use IMAP to communicate to Exchange, but IMAP only handles the basic functions of mail (no calendar, no contacts, no delegation, etc).

If you're using Exchange 2007 (SP1, RU4 or later), I highly recommend that you use Entourage for Web Services. Exchange Web Services has a lot of benefits over WebDAV: it's faster, and it gives more access to Exchange features. If you're not sure what version your Exchange server is running, ask your Exchange admin first. Do not try to use Entourage for Web Services with Exchange 2003 or earlier, because it won't work.

Regards,
    Nadyne.

6. ranger12345 macrumors newbie

Exchange Support

Is this really going to be just as easy as it sounds on the Apple website? I am skeptical, and this would be the main reason for me upgrading to 10.6

7. wfoster macrumors 6502a

wfoster

I guess so, to be honest most of the stuff Apple-related is easy.

8. vsingh thread starter macrumors newbie

Mac mail version 3.6 is what’s on the user machine. Using 25 as SMTP port and default for incoming server does only create a scenario in which again receiving emails from both inside and outside domain is a success, but mails being sent outside domain gets placed in outbox without being sent.

POP, IMAP are enabled from the exchange end also.
    Is there any option other then waiting for Snow Leopard to be launched ?