Mac Mail won't send

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by mizloz07, Jul 29, 2011.

1. mizloz07 macrumors newbie

I have a Mac desktop, I connected the mail up to a hotmail account and it worked fine. Then it stopped sending emails, eventhough it could still recieve them.
    I checked all the settings but couldn't find any issues every time I tried to send an email it said the server wouldn't work.
    As a result I deleted the account, then set up a new one which again could recieve emails. Although now I have 2 problems
    • There is an email from the old account which is constantly trying to send with the old server, even after I deleted the message from the outbox
    • I still cannot send emails from this account

Any help would be much appreciated!

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Double check your settings. These types of issues are almost always a misconfiguration in the settings.

3. oakrrl macrumors member

Mac Mail suddenly won't send

I just experienced the same problem. Running Lion. Checked and re-checked all my settings, which incidentally are the same as on my MacBook Pro which sends messages just fine. Spent an hour with Apple tech support without resolving the issue.
    Help!
    I suspect it would be a good step to try trashing the Mail preferences file but not sure how to access Library in Lion.....