Mac Mail

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Kibo, Nov 7, 2007.

1. Kibo macrumors newbie

Hey all,

I've just recently brought my iMac and I love it! I work from home and I can see it becoming a real bonus to me with all the features it offers.

However I have just come from using outlook as my mail client and want to use Mac Mail. I use an IMAP set up but when I put my account into Mac Mail it won't show how it would in outlook, for example when I normally delete mail it stays in my client with a line through it and at the end of the day I double check what I am going to delete before purging it.

I've set up my imap account in mac mail but it just seems to be like a pop3 account and doesn't save the message with a line through it to purge it, can anyone tell me how to change this?

Regards,
    Matthew

2. QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

I'm fairly certain you won't see that in Mail. What does happen is that it sends it to the "Trash" folder for inspection before purging.

3. roland.g macrumors 603

roland.g

Correct, deleted messages just go to the deleted messages folder which you still must periodically empty.

4. Kibo thread starter macrumors newbie

Hey Guys!

Thanks for the reply! It doesn't seem to be putting it into any folder, not even deleted, I only have Inbox and sent in the mail pane, do I need to create that on the server?

Regards,
    Matthew

5. QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

If I remember correctly select the trash folder and then in the menu bar go to Mailbox > Use this Mailbox for > Trash. You can assign your junk folder, etc with that.