mac mail

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by scotsboi77, Mar 3, 2008.

1. scotsboi77 macrumors newbie

hey,

I've been using the mac mail utility on my macbook - but not interested in a @mac. mail account - i used the pop account to synch up with my googlemail account.

It's been working fine until i tried opening it up tonight and has stopped syncing with googlemail - i've sent some test e-mails to google and it's not syncing with my .mac - but i am not sure if this is because i need to purchase a .mac account which i do not have...do i need to get this before it will work - or could it be a technical problem not connected to .mac membership??

Thanks,

jason.:confused:

2. bmms8 macrumors 68020

i have a google mail account that i use with my mail app on my macbook. i do not have a .mac account as well. try deleting the account and creating another.

3. scotsboi77 thread starter macrumors newbie

hey - thanks - you know what - i did as you said and it seemed to work - it retreieved all my e-mails - but they just don't appear in my inbox. The weird thing that i've also noticed is that i can send e-mails - and it works ok - it's just i can't get it to display anything and my inbox is empty....:mad: