Mac Mail

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by polska9, Apr 15, 2009.

1. polska9 macrumors member

I have a huge delay on my mac mail sometimes up to 45 minutes and its starting to irritate me. the message appears in my webmail inbox at the right time but it takes 45 minutes before it shows up in mail even though its set to pull every minute. i am wondering what is causing this? i have a blackberry and i have push email on at all times if that makes a difference. Mail: Version 3.5 (930.3)

thanks in advance

2. si77hay macrumors regular

How often is Mail set to check for new mail?

Thanks Ivan! - "every minute"

3. Ivan P macrumors 68030

Ivan P

:p

4. hwojtek macrumors 6502a

hwojtek

Try to lowdown your options by checking the same account with another client (Thunderbird?) - if your Mac still has the same problem with delays, the problem is on the system side (DNS errors?) OR on the providers' POP3 server side. If not - it's the mail.app thing.

Also to note: some providers throttle connections from POP3 clients and disallow continuous polling and drop the connections made too often, so maybe setting the mail.app to "every 5 minutes" would help?

5. polska9 thread starter macrumors member

Hi well i tried entourage and everything worked as planned. I pulled the message right away and no problems. My mail account still hasnt found the message yet. The only way to solve this is to quit and restart mail otherwise i could wait all day for the message to arrive. Any other suggestions?

6. chameleon81 macrumors 6502