Mac Mall orders. What do you think the real reason is?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by chenderson2, Feb 27, 2009.

1. chenderson2 macrumors member

Mac Mall has changed the delivery date for my 17" MacBook Pro from the 6th to the 13th to the 23rd to the 27th and now March 4th. Is the demand this high that Apple has none to supply to 3rd party resellers, or are they just not producing many? Do you think Apple underestimated how popular they would be or what?

2. Kronie macrumors 6502a

Kronie

Apple is servicing there own customer base first. Why did you order from macmall? because its hundreds cheaper! Apple wants more of YOUR money. so the longer they stall, the more people will get fed up waiting and order direct from apple.

I'm in the same boat as you. clubmac (same store and stock as macmall just a different name) was supposed to ship mine on the 18th now there telling me the 3rd.

3. chenderson2 thread starter macrumors member

Actually, Mac Mall is not any cheaper - except for no State sales tax. But, even that is a savings of about $250. Of course, even though Mac Mall is not passing any of the savings on to me, they pay less to Apple than I would, so, yes, Apple will make more for a direct order than through a reseller. I just wish they would eventually start supplying Mac Mall.