I don't know how much to read into this, but I realized I couldn't wait any longer and went to MacMall to buy an 8core 2.66. I then got an message saying it was out of stock. This is giving me enough hope to think about waiting until Tuesday. But here's my concern -- I NEED to have the computer by the 19th for a project. If they do announce them on Tuesday, what would be the soonest they would be available, and ship by? My local Apple reseller has an 8core 2.66 in stock - so that is my backup plan. Until then, I'll keep twiddling my thumbs with my EOL G5!