Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

OceanDiverChris

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 26, 2007
Hello All,

I have been working on a problem with a mixed Mac and PC environment. The problem started with a call about PC's being disconnected from a Windows SBS 2003 server. I tracked the problem to errors in the event log. This same error was reported every time the disconnection happened: "The server service was unable to map error code 1355."

I then investigated that error and found that it could be caused by Mac clients. The suggestion was to run netmon and see what workstation was causing the error. After running netmon and matching the time stamps with the errors, I found that the Mac workstations were broadcasting for master browser over and over and the result was the disconnection of PC's.

Im kinda lost with this now. I am a PC guy (please dont flame me) trying to learn the Mac way of things. If anyone could shed some light on this I would greatly appreciate it. Thank You!

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
I think you need to either use the Samba conf file (in /etc) or use the Directory Access application in the utilities folder to tell the Macs to not try to become master browser.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.