Mac me buy some air!

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by anicetus, Jul 31, 2008.

1. anicetus macrumors newbie

I have been contemplating buying a Mac Air.

One thing that I always seem to do when buying a new laptop is I generally buy it at the wrong time, by this I mean I buy something at full price just before a new revision is released and the price of the old is slashed.

So I want to find out if anyone knows if there is due to be a revision or a new release of Mac book air in the next few months?

2. kornyboy macrumors 68000

Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5A347 Safari/525.20)

Check out the Macrumors Buyer's Guide. It is really helpful. It tells you the last update/release and based on trends and rumors what the next expected release date will be. It is just a guess but a very good guess. The information there is some of the best available when it comes to making a go/no-go decision on buying a Mac. You can get to it from the Macrumors home page.

3. tmelvin macrumors 6502

tmelvin

Actually, you timed it well. They just had a price reduction. Most of the broohaha going on is for Macbooks and Macbook Pros, along with the iPod Touch. The MB is supposed have the most rework, with an aluminum case, multi-touch pad [glass I think], and possibly better chips, graphics. But it's all speculation.

The MBA will probably have no changes, but could get a speed boost, who knows. If they did, I'd guess maybe a little bigger HDD [not the SSD], and possibly RAM? But I doubt you'll see significant changes...

4. Scarlet Fever macrumors 68040

Scarlet Fever

Have a look at the MR Buyer's Guide.

Apple seem to update their notebooks every ~200 days (192 for the macbook, 194 for the MBP), and the MBA has been around for 198 days. If I were in your position, I'd wait until they are updated next. The rumors are pointing to September for a MacBook update, but no-one can be really sure.

5. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

The MacBook Air will probably not be updated until MacWorld 2009.

6. anicetus thread starter macrumors newbie

Thx scarlet, just the info i was looking for, I think i will give it another month in in this case, I always prefer to by second editions anyway!

7. Neil321 macrumors 68040

Neil321

Revision it aint a book :p

8. anicetus thread starter macrumors newbie

oops.
    what is worse is I intend to buy, not walk by:D

9. Neil321 macrumors 68040

Neil321

I didn't notice that ;)