Mac mechanical keyboards

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by edry.hilario, Mar 11, 2015.

1. edry.hilario macrumors 6502a

Could you guys point me out to any Mac mechanical keyboards, preferably wireless. I'm having a hard time finding any. I'm aware that you can map out windows keyboard to mac but i really wouldn't like that... so if you know any please let me know!!!

Thanks in advance.

2. 65535 macrumors member

I've been using the Matias Laptop Pro for about 6 months now. You lose the Num-pad but I'm quite happy with it as a keyboard. I really like that the switches aren't terribly loud like most mechanical keyboards. Still have a nice action though.

3. paulrbeers macrumors 68040

I use a Mac Edition Das...

http://www.daskeyboard.com/model-s-professional-for-mac/

4. edry.hilario thread starter macrumors 6502a

yeah I looked at that one.. I rather have a wireless one its seems that there is only one in existence.. its either that or back to the apple wireless keyboard I guess..

5. brentsg macrumors 68040

6. zhenya macrumors 603

zhenya

Very few wireless mechanical options right now.

Happy Hacking Keyboard is fairly Mac-centric.

Also, what won't you like about mapping another keyboard? Many allow you to move the key caps around so that everything is labelled correctly once you set it to mac mode.

7. DZ/015 macrumors 6502a

DZ/015

Unhappy Matias customer

I purchased a Matias tactile pro several years ago. After 2 years it began to register multiple inputs for a single keystroke on some of the keys. I contacted Matias for repair advice, but they never got back to me. I was willing to pay to have it repaired since it was out of the one year warranty. I will never buy one of their devices again for this reason.

I am looking at getting a keyboard from WASD now. Only drawback to them that I see is a lack of usb connection on the keyboard.

I would suggest looking at wasd or daskeyboard. Both seem to have happy Mac customers.

8. zhenya macrumors 603

zhenya

WASD makes excellent boards and they have great customer service. I had one of my keys repeating like you after about a year and a half on one board and they paid to have it shipped back to them for repair. Highly recommended.