Mac Mini 09 Supertalent 4 gig DDR3 chip?

Discussion in 'Mac mini' started by California, Jan 19, 2010.

1. California macrumors 68040

California

Hi, there is an eBay seller who claims his Supertalent ram is compatible with Mac and Apple and Mac minis but somehow wants me to check with Apple to verify... ? So, after three emails to him, he says he "Thinks so" that it will work with mac minis, after I warned him that he says in his auction ad it is mac apple compatible.

I'm talking about the four gig ddr3 Supertalent ram chip.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160390843215#ht_2508wt_772

2. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

3. California thread starter macrumors 68040

California

Okay it looks like it should work...

now does anyone know if I can put one four gig chip in with the original one gig chip that Apple shipped my 2.26 mini with?

For a total of five gigs?

Or do I need matching pairs for the video ram upshift?

4. kasbahlover macrumors newbie

Yes you can!

Yes you can put up to 8gb ram in the mac mini. 2 x 4GB 204-Pin DDR3 SO-DIMM DDR3 1066 PC3 8500. Which is Avilable at newegg.com or Tigerdirect. There is a firm ware update you need to download if you running 10.5 but you should be fine if it's snow leopard.
    I was also looking on the supertalent web site and they don't offer any ram type of this specification. So I would be caution in buying from e-bay or any other web site. Also MacSales.com has the right ram but it's more expensive there.