Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jakeryan9

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 21, 2011
I'm looking to upgrade the RAM on my 1.83 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo Mac Mini. I wanted to go the maximum, 4GB (I know it only uses 3GB, but I heard having the 2 2GB is better). I was looking on OWC, and theres different choices of companies and this other stuff: http://eshop.macsales.com/shop/memory/mac_mini/intel
I would like to go with the cheapest one, if it doesn't really matter which one I get, but if it does matter, which would you recommend? Thank you!

paulrbeers

macrumors 68040
Dec 17, 2009
Go with the cheapest. Even if one is slightly faster than the others, you really aren't going to notice it in a mac mini that is 4 years old. Save your $$ in case things go down hill after you buy the RAM and you have to buy a new one.

jakeryan9

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 21, 2011
This is just to hold me over till I save enough to get the newest Mac Mini (or whichever one is out by then), so that makes total sense. Thanks.

paulrbeers

macrumors 68040
Dec 17, 2009
This is just to hold me over till I save enough to get the newest Mac Mini (or whichever one is out by then), so that makes total sense. Thanks.

Oh please don't take my previous comment the wrong way. If you can squeeze another year out of your Mini by spending $50, I say do it! I'm just saying, no point in buying the "fancy" RAM for something that is probably on the downward side of life at this point. Save your cash to put towards the next one!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.