Mac Mini : 2.26 GHZ Sufficient for Adobe Creative Suite?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Hatchet, Jun 8, 2009.

1. Hatchet macrumors regular

I am a graphic designer who uses Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, Fireworks, (Entire Creative Suite) etc and was wondering if the Mac Mini 2.26GHZ with 4GB ram would be sufficient to run these applications? This would be my business computer and I need it to be fast, reliable, and affordable for a new business.

I already have a Dell 22" Flat Panel so this would fit my needs the best as I don't have a budget currently for an iMac or MBP.

I am currently on a HP DV5220us that is 1.6GHZ Intel Centrino Duo with 2GB ram and am having a really hard time using Illustrator for very I also have a lot of freezing and issues with my 2+ year old HP when using Creative Suite Programs for long periods of time.

Any help is appreciated.

2. Thiol macrumors 6502a

Thiol

I can only speak to Photoshop and Illustrator, and the answer is yes. I would, however, seriously consider getting a larger and faster hard drive.

3. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

Do not buy the 2.26GHz model, 2.0GHz will be fine. And buy RAM and HD from 3rd party, not from Apple

4. The Hammer macrumors regular

So assuming Hatchet adopts your suggestions, the mini would be fine for how he intends to use it?

5. Fuchal macrumors 68020

I use CS3 on my 1.83ghz Mini with 2.5gb of ram and it works fantastic. It feels just about the same in Photoshop as my 2.66ghz Macbook Pro at work.