Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

munkees

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 3, 2005
Pacific Northwest
Mac Mini (2009, Nvidia 2.0 Duo 2 Core).

when the unit comes out of sleep it freezes up, or seems to, it is a black screen, the mouse pointer is the only viewable with a hand with finger pointer.

nothing seems to be able to make it come back to life other than a force shutdown.

I did have a problem with it coming out of sleep to fans on full blast and nothing else, but this has become this new problem, any idea on how to fix this?

geoffreak

macrumors 68020
Feb 8, 2008
Do you have it ask for a password when waking from sleep/screensaver?

If this is happening every time the Mini wakes up you need to have it looked at at an Apple store.

munkees

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 3, 2005
Pacific Northwest
Do you have it ask for a password when waking from sleep/screensaver?

If this is happening every time the Mini wakes up you need to have it looked at at an Apple store.

no password set.

this is a refurbished mac, just had is replaced, took a month, because the first Mac Mini had network and DVD drive issues, this one has this new issue. so far not a good experience with the Mac Mini's, My iMacs, MB, MBP etc etc etc have never given me any problems, like this.

rkdiddy

macrumors 65816
Mar 19, 2008
OC Baby!
I am using a Bluetooth keyboard and a bluetooth mouse (non apple, gear head).

That might very well be your issue. One thing you might also consider is to use the bootup disk and verify disk permissions - maybe something is a little off whack.;)

QCassidy352

macrumors G5
Mar 20, 2003
Bay Area
I am using a Bluetooth keyboard and a bluetooth mouse (non apple, gear head).

My problem was always when waking with BT peripherals as well. (I'm sure my problem is still there, but I never sleep it anymore.)

Try plugging in a USB mouse or keyboard (if you have one handy) and waking it with that. Betcha dollars to donuts you don't see the freezing. I'm not suggesting giving up your BT peripherals is an acceptable solution, but it would be nice to nail that down as the cause of the problem.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.