Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

t12elt

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 2, 2013
hi,
Ive got an Mac OS X Version 10.6.8
Prosessor 2 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
Memory 1 GB 1067 MHz DDR3
It was bought in january 2010, so dont know if its early/ late 2009.

Problem:
Bought 2 x 4 GB and repaced the 1 GB.
When turned on it stops almost emediately. Starts blinking in the front and makes a BIIP sound with some seconds apart.
People in the store wanted me to try an single 8 GB instead. Same thing, just starts making noise and blinking.

Ive read that some Minis dont take more than 4 GB ..?..

Hope someone is a master at this and can help me :)

fa8362

macrumors 68000
Jul 7, 2008
That model can apparently use 8 GB of RAM after applying EFI Firmware Update 1.2. Has your mini been updated? I would think that 10.6.8 already has the update, but I'm not sure. If you download the update and try to install, it will tell you whether or not you need it.

http://support.apple.com/kb/dl888

California

macrumors 68040
Aug 21, 2004
hi,
Ive got an Mac OS X Version 10.6.8
Prosessor 2 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
Memory 1 GB 1067 MHz DDR3
It was bought in january 2010, so dont know if its early/ late 2009.

Problem:
Bought 2 x 4 GB and repaced the 1 GB.
When turned on it stops almost emediately. Starts blinking in the front and makes a BIIP sound with some seconds apart.
People in the store wanted me to try an single 8 GB instead. Same thing, just starts making noise and blinking.

Ive read that some Minis dont take more than 4 GB ..?..

Hope someone is a master at this and can help me :)

Sounds like you bought the wrong ram or the ram is bad. Three beeps means bad ram. Apple ram on that model is very picky. I found this out the hard way, too. I have two 2gbs sticks I can sell you and a matching original 1gb stick. Will sell them cheap, let me know, it's all original Apple ram.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.