Mac mini 2010 audio tech guy needed!

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by RolledUp20s, Nov 24, 2011.

1. RolledUp20s macrumors regular

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

Hey!

I have a Bose companion 5 connected via the USB to my mac mini...great!
    Now my tv is connected via hdmi to mac mini, sky hd & ps3 also connected to TV.
    I can play the audio out of my tv connected via the audio line in on the Bose but you lose the Bose USB technology then...
    Is there a way to send the audio out of my tv, through the mac mini and then out to the Bose?

If im watching a film or music etc on my mac mini its fine as I'm outputting the sound direct to the Bose via USB. It's just when on ps3 or watching sky etc on my tv it'd be great to have the USB side of it working.

2. ender land macrumors 6502a

Do you have it going to the audio-in on the mac mini?

3. RolledUp20s thread starter macrumors regular

Does the mac mini have an audio in? It has headphone(out) optical(is that out?) and hdmi

----------

Ahhh so it does. Just went on the apple site, mac mini tech spec, the optical is in/out. Ill give that a go then

4. Sol macrumors 68000

Sol

To hear any audio coming from the Line In of your Mac you then have to launch QuickTime Player, select New Audio Recording, choose your input if it is not already selected and turn the level up to hear it out of your Mac's audio out. Search for audio apps on the App Store to find simpler ways of doing this.