Mac Mini 2010 is doing weird noises!

Discussion in 'Mac mini' started by BlindSoul, Aug 27, 2010.

1. BlindSoul macrumors 6502

Hello.

That's so creepy... I just came back from watching Tv. and i hear some weird noises like there's papers inside the Mac Mini's Fans. And it's a bit scary.
    Does anyone have any clue why is that? I have no Disc inside. And it seems like it stopped but who knows maybe it can return back.

Thank you.

2. Ice Dragon macrumors 6502a

Ice Dragon

The fan could have something stuck in it so you should probably take it to the Apple Store to see what the issue is.

3. DesmoPilot macrumors 65816

Or ya know, you could just take a look yourself.

4. Giuly macrumors 68040

Giuly

It's the fan. Because of the design, it doesn't sound like a regular fan. Once the fan speed goes higher than 2500RPM, it get's noisy.
    [​IMG]

Does it sound like a peace of paper in front of the fan? That's rather normal.
    If it sounds like there are parts flying around inside the fan, that's another thing. Open up the mini and clean the fan with a can of compressed air. Maybe the sticker from the RAM got stuck inside the fan, it's not really got attached by default.

5. BlindSoul thread starter macrumors 6502

I see, It seems like i don't hear it anymore. And it were more sounds like paper pieces flying inside the Fans, i guess i will really clean it.