Mac Mini 2011 Video Streaming Issue

Discussion in 'Mac mini' started by galacticsoap, Nov 16, 2012.

1. galacticsoap macrumors newbie

Hi Everyone,

I'm at my wits end with my i7 Mac Mini HTPC setup. Over the last one to two weeks video files which used to play without an issue on my mac mini are now buffering.

I'm fairly confidant that the issue is related to the mac mini due to these same files running without a hitch on my windows i7 Desktop & i7 Asus Laptop. Both the desktop and macmini are connected via ethernet to my home network (the mac mini via EOPW). As mentioned the laptop streams the same files via it's wireles network card without a problem.

Here's my hardware specs:

Synology DS412+ NAS > Fritzbox 7390 Modem Router > Windows i7 Desktop
    Synology DS412+ NAS > Fritzbox 7390 Modem Router > WD Live Wire EOPW Kit > i7 Mac Mini

The only real change I can think of is a recent scheduled software update which I think may have been to Mountain Lion?

The Mac Mini acts purely as a HTPC and it's hardware confirguration is surplus to this use: 16 GB DDR Memory & 250 GB SSD. The video playback is handled by VLC.

Please help guys, the HTPC keeps my wife and I sane given its welcome distraction for 3.5 year old and 7 month old little girls!

Thanks,
    Soapy

2. galacticsoap thread starter macrumors newbie

3. Snowcake macrumors regular

You are meaning it happens with video's on youtube?

Try other websites with video
    try other browsers
    try reinstalling the flash or silverlight

I think this is the wrong place to put the topic in the mini section. It should be in the software section. :)