Mac mini 2012 3D

Discussion in 'Mac mini' started by imac ios x, Dec 11, 2012.

1. imac ios x macrumors newbie

Hey,

Me and my family just ordered a mac mini, its the new model from 2012.
    Now we just got a 3D tv and now i actually forgot to check if the mac mini supports 3D in any way.
    I actually have no idea what you need to play 3D content.
    Anyone got advice????

Any help is appricated, thanks :)

2. Macclone macrumors 6502

iGlasses?

3. visim91 macrumors 6502

3D Blu Ray Player and some 3D glasses is what you'll be needing.. and some 3D movies like Toy Story 3.

The Mini has no association with 3D blu ray technology..

4. Oracle1729 macrumors 6502a

Nvidia allows you to use a PC to display any games that use a directx 3d rendering engine on a 3d display. I assume the OP was asking about that.

Sadly Apple doesn't even try to keep up with anything modern on their macs anymore.

5. imac ios x thread starter macrumors newbie

I got 3d movies on the harddrive so i was wondering or VLC or MplayerX was able to do something with it.
    I thought i read somewhere on the internet that intel HD 4000 graphic card does support 3D but im not sure.

6. mystic man macrumors member

Basically, a 3D video, is just a signal, it all comes down if your TV can decode this signal. Since you have the movie already in a file, its all down to what your TV can do, and an appropriate program to run it ie xbmc or any player that can support the movie file you have the movie stored into ie mp4 mkv

7. imac ios x thread starter macrumors newbie

The tv and mac mini just came in today, i ran a SBS 3D movie and simply put VLC in full screen then pressed the 3D button on the tv and did SBS 3d mode on, and guess what it worked like a charm :) i dont know if this is the way but it works so im happy,

Thanks to all responses.