Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MistrSynistr

macrumors 68000
Original poster
May 15, 2014
So as per the rest of you, when the new 2014 Mac Mini was displayed at the key note I hopped on the forums to see the backlash, and was rip roaring to join in on the hate. How could they do this? How could they give us less for more, and not even upgrade the 2012 Mac Mini I had at home???

Then I went and checked the Mini I actually had:

2012 Mac Mini DUAL CORE, 2.5ghz.

I had absolutely no idea as it being my first Mac purchase I didn't even acquire the Quad-Core Mini to begin with. And this thing with 16gig of RAM is a dream, I'm a professional Photographer and Graphic Designer with my own Art Studio/Business and aside from some slight SLIGHT stutters this thing has been amazing.

So to me, somewhat aloof on the i7 and i5 models, the new 2014 Mini would probably be a huge step up....perhaps that's something positive.

With that being said, my eyes are set on the 5K iMac anyhow. Ha.:cool:

cinealta

macrumors 6502
Dec 9, 2012
So as per the rest of you, when the new 2014 Mac Mini was displayed at the key note I hopped on the forums to see the backlash, and was rip roaring to join in on the hate. How could they do this? How could they give us less for more, and not even upgrade the 2012 Mac Mini I had at home???

I had absolutely no idea as it being my first Mac purchase I didn't even acquire the Quad-Core Mini to begin with. And this thing with 16gig of RAM is a dream, I'm a professional Photographer and Graphic Designer with my own Art Studio/Business and aside from some slight SLIGHT stutters this thing has been amazing.

So to me, somewhat aloof on the i7 and i5 models, the new 2014 Mini would probably be a huge step up....perhaps that's something positive.

Your bigger issue will be migrating to something else when they discontinue Aperture support (Apple Photos, Adobe Lightroom etc).

MistrSynistr

macrumors 68000
Original poster
May 15, 2014
Your bigger issue will be migrating to something else when they discontinue Aperture support (Apple Photos, Adobe Lightroom etc).

I'm getting the 5K iMac in a week, my Mini will serve as my sales rep's computer for more financial/word processing adventures.

Cape Dave

Contributor
Nov 16, 2012
Northeast

I ordered a nice new mini last night. The later, cancelled that order and ordered a 5K. May as well Hyper BURST into the future :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.