Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

d3vilsadvocate

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 15, 2012
Hi all

Is there a way to set the fan speed of the latest Mac mini lower than 1800RPM?

I'd like to try that out :D

RobN

macrumors newbie
Jan 24, 2009
London, UK
iStat Menus is good

Hi,

I use iStat Menus on all my macs to monitor CPU, Disk, N/W activity and it also has a fan speed control feature built into the Sensors section.

It's very useful when processing video to put the fan on high speed just before kicking off the conversion, it keeps the core temp nicely down.

twochinz

macrumors newbie
Aug 14, 2014
Hi,

I use iStat Menus on all my macs to monitor CPU, Disk, N/W activity and it also has a fan speed control feature built into the Sensors section.

It's very useful when processing video to put the fan on high speed just before kicking off the conversion, it keeps the core temp nicely down.

Thanks for bringing this to my attention

lva

macrumors member
Nov 18, 2013
Germany
I can also recommend you iStat Menus.

But be careful when setting custom fanspeeds. For example: When you set fanspeed to a specified value and reboot the system, your mac will start next time with that specified value. After then it was impossible for me to revert it back to default values. So I have to reset the PRAM and NVRAM to bring back the fanspeed defaults.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.