Mac mini 2018 wrap (skin)

Discussion in 'Mac mini' started by head honcho 123, Dec 5, 2018.

1. head honcho 123 macrumors 6502

Attached Files:

2. F-Train macrumors 65816

Hi,

I just looked at the site/description of the product. Are you satisfied that wrapping a mini in vinyl is OK from a heat perspective?

3. doboy macrumors 68020

Not smart trapping heat. Aluminum isn’t just for show you know (I guess not).

4. brentsg macrumors 68040

5. Ploki macrumors 68040

you'd be better off wrapping it in heatsinks

6. mrex macrumors 68040

mrex

”these wraps will provide 360-degrees of dust, scratch and dirt protection ”

since when then dust and dirt have become a problem for the aluminium case itself? and i still see ports exposed for the dust, and hopefully the fan inside can take air... 360degrees from my a**.

anyway... the orange and green would look something differend than the same old aluminium for sure, but i wouldnt add an extra layer. i cant say that the problem with mini is that it is too cool...

7. seble macrumors 6502a

Bad idea IMO, looks like a cheap sports car dashboard, watch that wrap doesn’t go up in flames with all that heat trapped in the case!

But in all seriousness, if you like it OP!

8. StellarVixen macrumors 68000

StellarVixen

If there are no thermal issues when you wrap it like that, sure, if you like it, that’s nice. If it is having thermal issues because of that, it is not worth it.

I can’t believe that first reaction of people here was to judge you immediately. Actually, wait, I can. Isn’t it how always usually is?

9. head honcho 123 thread starter macrumors 6502

Haha all good. I'm not seeing any thermal issues on my end and I like the look. :)

"Haters gonna Hate" lol