Mac Mini - a "green machine"

Discussion in 'Mac mini' started by statler, Jun 12, 2008.

1. statler macrumors newbie

I thought this was interesting. Mac Mini rates very well as a "green" desktop PC according to this recent blog post:

http://green-pc.blogspot.com/2008/03/apples-mac-mini-goes-environmentally.html

I'd think this would be reason enough for Apple to keep the mini around (and hopefully update it soon!)

It's like the Prius of the Mac line. If they positioned it that way they'd sell even more of them.

2. Vster macrumors 6502

That is definitely a good selling point. I hope they keep it around, and even though I don't have one it's one of my favorite computers. :D

3. gkarris macrumors 604

gkarris

Great article!

The Zombu PC did beat it, only because it has no hard drive.

But with SSD drives getting cheap - imagine a Mini with SSD... :eek:

4. tuxtpenguin macrumors regular

I'd like a mini, but I'm waiting on a revamped mini. Maybe one day we'll see them.

5. MarkMS macrumors 6502a

Yeah, I hope they don't kill the Mini off. I love using my old G4 one as a media server. I'm just waiting until they update them to see if it's worth upgrading. It's my only PPC machine that hasn't been replaced by a similar Intel machine.

6. mpshay macrumors 6502

Same thing for me. I've got 2 of them doing mainly media serving and some very light web activities. More versatility than ATV and worth the extra money. I got them both from the Apple Refurb Store.