Mac Mini Airport won't allow my HP laptop to connect!

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Utahmedic, Oct 20, 2008.

1. Utahmedic macrumors newbie

I'm sorry, I've committed Mac treason. I was forced to buy an HP laptop for work. At home I need to connect to the internet and figure that the Mac mini has an Airport so I should be able to connect. However, on the HP 6910p laptop side I try to connect after the mac shows up with a strong signal and the HP drops a message that the signal might be out of range or can't connect...blah blah blah!. I don't know enough to do much other than screw things up. The Mac is set up to connect to the internet through the airport...a friend hooked my son's Wii to it a while ago. So what do I have to do to connect the HP?

Help?

2. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

3. Utahmedic thread starter macrumors newbie

let me think...

The HP is spankn' new, I had XP put on. NOT VISTA. The mac has...OSX 10.4.11.

4. Utahmedic thread starter macrumors newbie

I'm not sure.

A whole lot of this I just don't understand. I'm kind of the take it out of the box and turn it on type user. Not the "out of the box" type. I'm a paramedic so I can poke and prod and keep you alive...just not your computer. If you are asking which is connected to the internet hard line, that is the mac mini.

5. Utahmedic thread starter macrumors newbie

Buhler?...crickets in the background...Buhler?

Anyone have any idea what I'm talking about or am I so low tech that I just don't make sense?