Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

CoolDaddyCole

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 30, 2012
Fort Worth
Hey guys, currently I am running FCP6 on a 20 inch iMac 2.4 ghz C2Duo. Although I admit that this was never an ideal solution for editing video its worked extremely well for the past few years to edit mainly weddings,events, and small commercial projects.

Fast forward to now I am stuck on Snow Leopard because of FCP6 wont work on Lion or Mountain Lion because the lack of Rosetta and my iMac wont run FCPX because of its incompatible graphics card.

On to my question, does anyone have any experience running FCPX on a mac mini ? I would like to think that it could do a decent job doing what I need it to do but I was going to see if anyone had any recommendations on which model or upgrades? or should I just get another Imac? I'm on a budget and im just trying to get the best bang for my buck. Thanks!

mBox

macrumors 68020
Jun 26, 2002
I have a ton of GRAIDs from the FC XL to miniG :)
However they are all slow compared to using a Sonnet Echo Express Pro and a Sonnet Tempo SSD loaded with two SSDs format to RAID0 and Thunderbolt.
I get close to 750MBs in read thus opening up 2K res at 12bit RGB :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.