Mac mini and large lcds

Discussion in 'Mac mini' started by ashkamran, Sep 22, 2010.

1. ashkamran macrumors newbie

Hi

I am a new mac user...just switched from pc..problem is that i connected my mini thru its hdmi out with a hdmi cable to my 47in phillips lcd in its hdmi in. everything is working fine but because i sit on my bed and use it..i find it to be too small...if i change resoulution then i guess i will be losing out on the 1080p and also will need to connect thru vga not hdmi....is there any way i can make things look bigger so i can read the txt and everything from far away...also im not using a keyboard(only a mouse) so dont think i can zoom...but still i dont want to zoom all the time...is there any permanant solution.

thnks

ash

2. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

As TV (SD or HD) is not meant for viewing text, there is no viable solution for enlarging just text. In the browser of your choice you can always enlarge the content via CMD++ or the [​IMG] in the Safari toolbar.

Or you can make the resolution smaller, thus everything is bigger, but also more blurry.

You can have a Menu Bar icon to change the resolution, thus only two clicks are involved.

System Preferences > Displays > Show displays in menu bar

[​IMG]

3. MacForScience macrumors 6502

MacForScience

In system prefs universal access there is a screen zoom feature which may be useful as well.

Cheers