Mac Mini and minidiscs

AaronHeth

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 2, 2005
Savannah, Georgia
Alright, thank you. A friend of mine has a slot loading drive (On some Gateway laptop) and says it worked fine, I wanted to make sure for this though.

Comment

berkleeboy210

macrumors 68000
Sep 2, 2004
Boston, Massachusetts
AaronHeth said:
Alright, thank you. A friend of mine has a slot loading drive (On some Gateway laptop) and says it worked fine, I wanted to make sure for this though.
correct me if i'm wrong, but isn't there some kind of adapter ring you can buy for 3" Discs? and will the slot-load drives accept these adapters?

Comment

AaronHeth

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 2, 2005
Savannah, Georgia
I don't know, but it wouldn't really surprise me if there was an adapter, and I see no reason for it not working.

A friend just wanted me to see some of his home video, so it isn't too important. I just had a few discs sitting here and wanted to check before doing anything too crazy.

Comment

e²Studios

macrumors 68020
Apr 12, 2005
AaronHeth said:
I don't know, but it wouldn't really surprise me if there was an adapter, and I see no reason for it not working.

A friend just wanted me to see some of his home video, so it isn't too important. I just had a few discs sitting here and wanted to check before doing anything too crazy.

Years ago i had an adaptor, the sony CD player i had (one of their first generations) didn't have a small ring so the smaller discs wouldn't play. when Coca-Cola was having some promotion with little discs people complained that they couldn't play the promotional discs and Coca-Cola started giving out the plastic rings to put the smaller ones in to so they played in a standard sized tray.

I would think that there is one, but no way in hell id trust it on my slot loading drive. However if you still want an adaptor.. here is a link.. http://www.bestvalueplus.net/index.php?main_page=product_info&currency=USD&products_id=132

Ed

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.