Mac Mini and Sleep

Discussion in 'Mac mini' started by keema, Nov 26, 2013.

1. keema macrumors member

Good Day,

Just a question..I placed my mac mini to sleep before going to bed via apple logo + sleep. The next day the mini doesn't wake up if i just clicked the mouse or keyboard, it did when I clicked the power button at the back. Is this normal for a very long hours of sleep?

Thanks,
    Christian

2. keema thread starter macrumors member

3. And macrumors 6502

And

Is it a wired or wireless keyboard/mouse set up? I have wireless and also have a situ where pressing keyboard does not work, so I have to press the button on the back. It only happens every so often though. If you want more help, it might be a idea to provide more details like the model of mini you have, OS, etc.

4. keema thread starter macrumors member

Thanks And for replying..

My macmini is the 2.3 i7 one with the hd4000 graphics. And I am using a wireless keyboard and mouse from logitech but also has the bluetooth mac keyboard.

So I am guessing here, but maybe it is because of a long hours of sleep? if its just minutes let say have been sleeping for 30mins, the mouse or keyboard stroke make my mac mini awake.

Anyway, any suggestion/help here?

Thanks,
    Christian

5. mvmanolov macrumors 6502a

in the energy preferences panel there is a tab that says something to the effect of "allowing bluetooth devices to wake the machine"

do you have that enabled?

EDIT: Sorry it is not in the energy preferences panel! it is in the bluetooth preferences panel under the advanced tab :D