Mac Mini and VGA Monitor

Discussion in 'Mac mini' started by sstyle, Nov 17, 2013.

1. sstyle macrumors regular

Hello!

I have an issue. Mac Mini Mid2011 with the VGA adapter and monitor. If I connect monitor before system starting I have black screen. Then I reconnect adapter = everything is fine, but Mac will not turn off if I select Apple -> Turn off.

OS - 10.9 clean.

With another monitor and DVI connection everything is fine too.

ps. sorry for my English. I hope you understand.

2. dbroncos78087 macrumors regular

Nothing I read shows anything like this. There were reports of weird display once the system is booted.

Perhaps the adapter has some sort of physical short?

3. sstyle thread starter macrumors regular

No adapter is ok. Now I have only one problem. Mini is off. I press power button, but screen is black and monitor in energy saving mode. After 1 min, I will unplug and plug again adapter and I will see desktop screen.

4. tampasteve macrumors 6502

I have a similar issue (2010 Mac mini with VGA monitor). It seems to be something related to coming off of sleep. Eventually it will come up without me pulling the adapter, but it takes about20-35 seconds to recognize the wake up before the monitor wakes up. I use a wireless/USB keyboard and mouse. Maybe it is not actually the monitor but rather the mouse/keyboard.

This did not happen with Snow Leopard but has started since the update to 10.9

5. sstyle thread starter macrumors regular

I do not use sleep mode. Only complete power off.

6. dbroncos78087 macrumors regular

I know there's a setting in the energy saver section to enable/disable auto graphics switching. Perhaps disabling that might resolve the issue.

7. chrfr macrumors 603

That's only in (some) Macbook Pros. No Mini has that option.

8. sstyle thread starter macrumors regular